During a Korean Live Letter for Final Fantasy XIV, players were given the chance to ask questions about the upcoming expansion, Stormblood, which will be releasing June 20th, 2017. Reddit user x3_Starlight has compiled a list of the development team’s answers to the players’ questions about the Job System changes, skill changes, and more in the expansion.
Here are some of the changes players can expect to see in Stormblood:
- Skills that don’t see much use are being removed. The number of skills at 70 will be the same as we have now.
- PLD’s Rampart and DRK’s Shadowskin are becoming the same skill (no mention of WAR’s Foresight, but I can only imagine it will be as well), and will be a cross-role skill for tanks.
- Thunder II and III are being removed, and Thunder’s potency will become stronger with levels.
- Enochian will become a permanent buff, meaning you will always be able to use Fire IV unless they change more aspects of the job. However there will be ways for high-skilled BLMs to further increase their DPS by using certain skills in certain ways. No further details are revealed. My guess is it will have something to do with Blizzard IV?
- Skills that debuff the enemy are not going away, but will be adjusted for sure. More information on what they plan to do with these skills will be shown in a future Live Letter.
- Concerning raid compositions, he feels that after the AST buffs, any combination of healers is currently viable, but that doesn’t mean we won’t be seeing changes in 4.0. For tanks, they plan to do something (no specifics) about WAR OT.
- In 4.0, the Adventurer in Need bonus for Roulettes will be increased to encourage players to play tanks/healers.
- In 4.1 (tentative) we will be able to create cross-world 24 man parties.
- There are no current plans to introduce a Duty Roulette: Alliance Raid. He says they are being run a lot because of Wondrous Tails.
- Apparently it’s very difficult to increase the number of available chat tabs, but they are working on a large-scale improvement of the chat system with many more features, such as cross-server chat.
- They are aware of requests for options to add things such as tattoos and body hair for your character, and that if they were to implement them, it would be more realistic system-wise to make them equippable items, rather than options at Character Creation.
Final Fantasy XIV is available for PC, PlayStation 3, and PlayStation 4. Its upcoming expansion, Stormblood, is set to release on June 20th, 2017.