The World of Warcraft community site has been updated with a fairly lengthy list of changes made to several classes and specs with specific regard to PvP. Many of the affected classes have had base stats tweaked to better balance the game. For instance, while Frost Death Knights have had Strength reduced by 10%, Warriors have had Strength and Stamina boosted by 10%. In addition to PvP updates, smaller fixes have been applied to class halls, dungeons & raids, and items.
PvP has been a divisive topic on the World of Warcraft community forum with many players finding blanket adjustments to base stats an ineffective way to balance PvP. You can check out the NA forum to see what is being said about today's update.
Read the full World of Warcraft: Legion hotfix notes below:
- Silencing an enemy with Avenger’s Shield now activates Sephuz’s Secret.
- Insignia of Ravenholdt should no longer damage enemies who are out of the Rogue’s line of sight.
- Insignia of Ravenholdt should no longer damage enemies who are vertically much higher or lower than the Rogue.
- You should no longer see a new dungeon mission if you are currently on a mission-related quest to clear a dungeon. This does not apply to the Karazhan mission.
Dungeons and Raids
Maw of Souls.
- Resolved an issue where Kvaldir Cage would remain stuck on a player.
- Prydaz, Xavaric's Magnum Opus should no longer reset the swing timer.
Player versus Player
- (Frost) Strength in PvP has been reduced by 10%.
- Developers’ Notes: A number of bug fixes and class tuning adjustments have pushed Frost damage too high.
- (Unholy) Apocalypse damage is no longer reduced in PvP.
- Developers’ Notes: We no longer feel that a reduction is necessary.
- (Havoc) Agility increased by 5%.
- (Havoc) Stamina increased by 10%.
- Developers’ Notes: With time, players have become more accustomed to Demon Hunters and how to counter them. This should bring back their damage and general survivability to help them compete.
- (Survival) Stamina has been increased by 15%.
- (Frost) Intellect has been reduced by 10%.
- (Windwalker) Agility has been reduced by 10%.
- (Windwalker) Heavy-Handed Strikes now causes Fists of Fury to only stun when cast (was with each tick of Fists of Fury).
- (Windwalker) Serenity now increases damage by 25% with the Spiritual Focus artifact trait (was +30%).
- Developers’ Notes: Windwalkers are able to maintain an extremely high uptime against their targets in PvP, and their raw damage capability was just too high for a spec that’s so difficult to get away from.
- Forked Lightning will no longer ignore line of sight.
- Forked Lightning will no longer strike dead targets.
- Lava Burst now deals full damage in PvP (was doing 80% of normal damage).
- (Elemental) Control of Lava now deals an additional 100% damage (was an additional 150%).
- Hamstring damage has been increased considerably, and now lasts for 12 seconds in PvP.
- (Arms) Strength and Stamina increased by 10%.
- (Fury) Strength and Stamina increased by 10%.
- Developers’ Notes: Patch 7.1 put Hamstring back on the global cooldown, and while we still feel that that’s the correct choice for that ability, we understand that this change had a major impact on PvP Warriors’ damage rotation, as well as Hamstring’s overall uptime. To compensate, we’ve increased Hamstring’s duration so that it needs to be applied less frequently, and massively increased its damage to help make it feel worthwhile to use.
- (Destruction) Entrenched in Flame duration reduced to 3 seconds (was 4 seconds).
- (Destruction) Focused Chaos now increases Chaos Bolt damage by an additional 100% (was 150%).
- (Destruction) Shadowburn now deals 20% less damage in PvP.
- Developers’ Notes: 7.1 introduced some new talents to Destruction Warlocks to increase their control and incentivize the use of cast time spells like Chaos Bolt. These talents were overtuned initially, but we want to keep Chaos Bolt as the best damage value for a Soul Shard.