Last season we saw the Ilios map featured which rewarded us with a spray. Season 2 is all about Route 66.
In addition to these images of the spray and play menu button, there's some strings too which indicate season 2 will work similar to season 1 in that 10 placement matches must be played to get a ranking.
- 10 Placement matches
- Skill rating determined (1-5000)
- Skill rating adjusts after each win or loss
- Matches last multiple rounds
- Earn points by taking objectives
- Most points win!
Overwatch Free Trial
New strings relating to an Overwatch free trial have been datamined. This goes well with other Blizzard titles which also have trials available and we should get more information on soon.
- Sorry, the Overwatch Free Trial is not available at this time.
- Group members using trial cannot enter competitive play.
- Not available for trial.
New Icons for Rank Tiers
As Jeff Kaplan explained in the recent season 2 developer update, competitive mode will now have different tiers in addition to your skill level number. We've found icons for these and made them available below. The ones that are pure white have been placed on an orange background for visual clarity.
D.Va the Streamer
A new asset was added to the game with what appears to be a stream Overlay for D.Va. We aren't certain where this appears, but it was also accompanied with some blurry chat. It's definitely filled with the dankest of memes.
This could easily be a texture within a map somewhere.
Misc String Changes
Patches almost always have changes to strings.
- Shot Put
- Track and Field
- Display Friend Request Notifications
- Season High
- Career High
- Allied Health Bars
- Invert Vertical Look
- Play Lúcioball
- -75%% XP [Note that the dash is possiblya list item and not a negative]
- Player is in a different version of Overwatch
- Player not in voice channel
- ULTIMATE SHUTDOWN
- ENEMY TRAPPED
- ENEMY FROZEN
- ENEMY SLEPT
- ENEMY STUNNED
- HEALTH RECALLED
- DAMAGE REFLECTED
- ENEMY HOOKED
- PLAYER TELEPORTED
- Great game, everyone!
- It was an honor to play with you all. Thank you.
- Good game! Best of luck to you all!
- I'm wrestling with some insecurity issues in my life but thank you all for playing with me.
- C'mon, Mom! One more game before you tuck me in. Oops mistell.
- Gee whiz! That was fun. Good playing!
- Well played. I salute you all.
- I could really use a hug right now.
- It's past my bedtime. Please don't tell my mommy.
- Ah shucks... you guys are the best!
- I feel very, very small... please hold me...
- For glory and honor! Huzzah comrades!
- Mommy says people my age shouldn't suck their thumbs.
- I'm trying to be a nicer person. It's hard, but I am trying, guys.
- Wishing you all the best.
- Custom Game Members Can Invite
- Your battle.net account has been banned. Please consult your registered email for details.
- Your Overwatch account has been suspended. Please consult your registered email for details.