It was a difficult stream/periscope to watch (seriously, the booing between the two teams was ridiculous), but on-site reporters have been able to share some key information on the future of Pokemon Go from Niantic head honcho John Hanke.
Here are the key details that was revealed during the event:
- There are easter eggs that nobody has found yet. Hanke teased more easter eggs that are (currently) in the game which we have yet to discover. “There might be a few other Easter Eggs in there that have yet to be discovered, as well.”
- They’re planning ways to customize Pokestops. Specifically, Pokestops are being considered for the game as a place where you can heal your pokemon.
- Pokemon Centers are coming
- There will be more functionality added to gyms, though the specifics aren’t clear
- Niantic says the game is at about 10% of what they want it to be
- They’re still discussing breeding, but nothing concrete in the works yet
- The legendary birds are tied to teams in some way, as the original designs implied
- Yep, they know about the three-step glitch. Still no word. Grr.
- It sounds like we can’t expect legendaries until after the game has been released on all regions, which makes sense
- A training update is “at the top of the priority list.”
- Niantic spawns different pokemon around the world, so yeah, travel is going to be necessary if you want to catch ’em all.
- Hanke confirmed the Eevee name-change evolution trick.
And now, for the true faces behind Team Valor, Team Mystic, and Team Instinct.
What do you think? Still stand behind your choice? I for one am very happy with the design of Candela, though Spark might have tempted me a bit more had I known what he looked like.
The designs were revealed at the end of Niantic’s Pokémon Go panel at San Diego Comic-Con, where thousands of people gathered in the slim hope that maybe, just maybe, a legendary Pokémon might get released to celebrate the occasion. Alas, the whispers of a legendary were but a rumor.