As you already know, The Division will be updated with a big patch note next week which will be more focus on balancing the weaponry in the game. In Uri’s official post today, that both SMG and Marksman rifle will get the most changes as for them, agents to use it more often leading to an unequal spread of weapon usage among player. So how does the developer exactly balance all the weapons in the game in the upcoming 1.3 update? Check it out below.
Now to address this dominance of SMGs and Marksman Rifles and balance the distribution of weapons across all gun varieties, a couple of changes will be made in the upcoming 1.3 patch.
For one, unique bonuses are being added for most weapon families to "bring more variety" to the battlefield. These include (descriptions from Ubisoft):
- SMGs now have a crit hit damage bonus rather than crit hit chance. It is much harder to reach a higher critical hit chance now, and you will have to make more stat choices when selecting gear in order to take advantage of the new bonus.
- LMGs receive a bonus that increases their damage to targets out of cover by about 25%. The design of LMGs is to force people into cover and control areas with their large magazine sizes.
- Shotguns receive a stagger bonus against NPC. When shooting targets, you have a high chance of causing them to stumble and lose their balance. This will not affect other players, however. Shotguns are also receiving a buff to their base damage that scales with the weapon’s level and up to a maximum of 30%.
- Assault Rifles receive a bonus to enemy armor damage. This allows Assault Rifles to be a powerful weapon in PVE situations.
- No changes were made to the bonus on Marksman Rifles
- As for the AUG and Vector weapons, the change is pretty simple: they're getting nerfed. Damage done is being reduced by 10 percent.
Also coming to The Division next week with the new update are entirely new weapons. These are listed below with their new talents.
- Shotgun: Showstopper (Fully automatic)
- Talent: Showstopper -- The emptier the clip, the better the accuracy.
- Assault Rifle: G36
- Talent: Focused -- When no skills are on cooldown you weapon damage is increased by X%.
- Marksman Rifle: SVD
- Talent: Decisive -- Killing a target will make your next shot with the weapon be an automatic critical hit.
- SMG: PP-19
- Talent: Hurried -- Each critical hit reduces your next reload time with X% to a minimum of Y seconds.