Apple has revealed that their next Mac system software is called macOS Sierra (also known as Mac OS X 10.12). It will be available for download for all compatible Macs in Fall of 2016.
Talking about compatibility, the company has listed the following Macs that are capable of running MacOS Sierra 10.12:
- MacBook Pro (2010 and later)
- MacBook Air (2010 and later)
- Mac Mini (2010 and later)
- Mac Pro (2010 and later)
- MacBook (Late 2009 and later)
- iMac (Late 2009 and later)
If you want to check out for yourself whether or not your mac is compatible with the said update, then simply:
- Open the Apple menu in the upper left corner and choose “About This Mac”
- From the “Overview” tab, look under the current system software version and for the computer model and year
Lastly, if the Mac is the same or a later model year than what is shown in the macOS Sierra compatibility list above, the Mac is compatible with 10.12.
Hope this article helps in some way. If you want to check out more news like this, then you can check out our Mac news and tips section.