If you haven't heard yet, there's a new patch update for Fallout 4 now that address some common issues on mods and deploys some important fixes for the new Contraption DLC. The update is now out on PC and it will be coming to PS4 and Xbox One players next week. Now, if you want to know the details about this update, then I suggest you continue reading below.
Fallout 4's update 1.5.4 includes bug fixes and improvements on the mods of the game, as well as important changes on the weapon and armor racks in the new Contraption DLC. To be specific, Bethesda have added more space for text on the "mod details" page. Also, you can now use the Most Popular filter to choose between Daily, Weekly and All Time popular mods in the game.
On the other hand, players will no longer lose their weapon and armor mods or Legendary status when removing them from the armor and weapon racks.
But the most interesting part of this update is that when Bethesda announced that this update is required if you want to participate in the upcoming PS4 closed beta for mods.
There's a bit of problem with the update however, as the "add-on" menu on steam is currently showing that both future expansions (Vault-Tec Workshop and Nuka World) are now available for download, which are not.
There's no words yet on when exactly the update will arrive on consoles but rest assured that we'll keep you posted. If you want to see the patch details on 1.5.4, then just go ahead and read them below:
Fallout 4 1.5.4 Update
- Increased space for Mod text on Mod details page for improved readability
- Load Order menu now displays text about each Mod when highlighted
- Most Popular filter now toggles between Daily, Weekly and All Time (defaults to Daily)
- Reporting categories added when reporting a mod
- Load Order menu displays options to Disable or Delete All Mods
- Count of ratings now appears on Mod details page
- General stability and performance improvements
- Fixed issue with weapons and armor losing mods and Legendary status when removed from armor and weapon racks (Contraptions)
- Improved stability when reinitializing with certain mods loaded
- Mod menu will check available space before starting mod downloads
- Fixed issue with certain mods not downloading properly
- Fixed issue with certain mods not appearing properly in the Load Order menu
Want more Fallout 4 news? Then try some of our Fallout 4 articles.