So we have been covering the development and testing of Supercell's next title called Clash Royale for awhile now, since it was announced. Earlier this month the company announced that the global launch for Clash Royale on Android would be arriving in March 2016. While that isn't much of a wait, a few lucky regions will be getting early access to the game with the soft launch that was just announced for Android.
Clash Royale Features:
- Earn chests to unlock rewards, collect powerful new cards and upgrade existing ones
- Destroy opponent’s towers and win Crowns to earn epic Crown chests
- Build and upgrade your card collection with the Clash Royale Family along with dozens of your favorite Clash troops, spells and defenses
- Construct your ultimate Battle Deck to defeat your opponents
- Progress through multiple Arenas all the way to the top
- Form a Clan to share cards and build your very own battle community
- Challenge your Clanmates and friends to a private duel
- Learn different battle tactics by watching the best duels on TV Royale
The TCG mechanics come into play because before each match you will build a deck that features the troop types you will be wanting to play in the match when it begins. Once you've decided on what troop types you want to use, formally building your deck for your upcoming match, then you jump into things and hopefully win the battle. There's a ranking system as well, to keep track of wins, loses, etc.
While the global launch for Clash Royale is slated for March 2016, the soft launch actually begins today in a few select regions. So if you live in Canada, Hong Kong, Australia, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Iceland, Finland or New Zealand, you should have access to the game on Google Play now. The rest of us will have to wait until the global launch to play, or use a VPN to download it.
You can watch the first gameplay look of Clash Royale below:
For more Clash Royale news and updates, come and join our facebook gaming community @ facebook.com/webjunkiesblog.
Official Website: Clash Royale