Here's a complete guide for the for the new Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 Awakening DLC Zombies Map 1 on PS4 and one month later on Xbox One & PC.
This is a full guide to complete the Der Eisendrache zombies map.
Debuting with this first content pack is Zombies Map 1: Der Eisendrache, which translates from German into English as “The Iron Dragon”.
It is the first installment in Zombies’s four-part episodic narrative driven by four returning characters. Namely, the story is told through the eyes of these four: Sergeant Nikolai Belinski, Doctor Edward Richtofen, Captain Takeo Masaki, and Corporal “Tank” Dempsey.
Here’s how to get started in Der Eisendrache:
Intro: Der Eisendrache, the first chapter of Call of Duty: Black Ops III’s Zombies DLC adventure will take players on an epic journey with the Origin characters Richtofen, Nikolai, Takeo, and Dempsey. Set in an eerie medieval castle built upon an ancient site of unspeakable horror, massive deposits of Element 115 have recently been discovered, delivering inspired new gameplay and – in Zombies tradition – a variety of exciting plot twists and surprises that fans will have the opportunity to discover for themselves.
Tip: Get a good team together of players you can rely on to revive and support you. Good team work is the key to success in Zombies mode. — Still looking for other co-op players? Leave your online username/gamertag in the comments section below and let people know you’re a team player. It’s fun to make new friends. :)
Let’s begin the guide by showing you the first 10 minutes of zombie encounters as an intro to the video guide.
It shows the main areas of the map, so you know where you can find the Double Tap Machine & Mule Machine are Pack-a-Punch Stations (Weapon Upgrade Stations), the Mystery Boxes (3D Printers) that move between the main outside courtyard and the other side of the spawn area, then there’s stationary Perks, and Traps.
Item Location Tip: The in the previous COD game so-called 3D Printer & Weapon Upgrade Stations are now called the Mystery Box & Pack-a-Punch Stations, respectively. These locations are also indicated on the in-game map with a questionmark box/square & up arrows/triangle.
UP NEXT: A full Der Eisendrache walkthrough up to the ending!
Here are all the steps to take to finish the Der Eisendrache easter egg puzzle:
This next guide will give a step-by-step playthrough of the sequence of events you’ll need to complete to finish the puzzle.
Before we begin, you’ll need to go through a few tutorials in this map to get properly prepared to progress through the Easter Egg steps.
TUTORIAL #1: Landing Pad & Wundersphere Locations Guide:
How to turn on the teleporters. Finding all the Landing Pads and Wunderspheres will also unlock the “Fling Me to the Moon” Trophy / Achievement.
• There are 4 Wunderspheres on Der Eisendrache. To activate them you must first interact with the 4 landing pads.
TUTORIAL #2: How To Turn On The Power:
The power generator location on Der Eisendrache.
TUTORIAL #3: Where To Get The Juggernog Perk:
The Juggernog perk can be obtained after turning on the power. It is always in the same spot.
TUTORIAL #4: How To Pack A Punch & Rocket Pad Teleporter Location:
The Giant Chest that pack a punches your weapon is in the rocket pad location which can be accessed via teleporter in undercroft. Also The Death Machine doesn’t seem pack a punchable through the pack a punch chest.
TUTORIAL #5: Rocket Shield Locations Guide:
Where to find all Rocket Shield Part locations. The first part is shown at at the start, the second part at half a minute, and the third part at 1 minute into the video guide.
TUTORIAL #6: How To Get The BRM Weapon:
In Der Eisendrache you have to wall buy the BRM during zero gravity. — Doing this will also unlock the “Quick Off Your Feet” Trophy / Achievement.
• Step 1: How to turn on zero gravity. Activate the 4 pressure plates in the undercroft (the room with the pyramid after turning on power). You can do this by standing on each plate for a few seconds.
• Step 2: This will trigger an anti-gravity effect. Wall run over all 6 pressure plates during anti-gravity. The ones you haven’t yet activated are glowing blue. Doesn’t have to be in one wave of anti-gravity.
• Step 3: The BRM is now unlocked at the wall by the pyramid. To reach it you must double jump during anti-gravity. It costs 1800 points to buy mid-air.
TUTORIAL #7: How To Get The BOW & Electric Upgrade:
Next, a tutorial on how to get & use the new “Bow” Wonder Weapon AKA Kreema ‘ahm la Ahmahm. — As well as how to upgrade the Wrath of the Ancients bow with the Void AKA Lightning AKA Electric Upgrade, to unlock the “Take a Bow” Trophy / Achievement.
Mouse over video for audio
The Wrath of the Ancients is a bow you can upgrade. There are 4 different variations: electric, wind, wolf, and fire.
In this guide it’s explained how to get the electric upgrade.
Note: You must do these steps in the given order. You cannot skip a step!
• Step 1: First here’s how to get the Wrath of the Ancients bow. Feed the 3 Dragons, which is done by killing zombies under them. They must chew up 7 zombies you’ve killed. Then the dragons fall apart.
• Step 2: Now you have unlocked the Wrath of the Ancients Bow, pick it up.
• Step 3: To start upgrading it, use the Death Ray Trap (section after turning on the power) and shoot the weather vane to the left of the death ray.
• Step 4: A Blue arrow falls down from the weather vane. Pick it up.
• Step 5: There are 3 bonfires scattered around the map. Shoot them with arrows to light them up.
• Step 6: Go to the Pyramid room. Wait for the anti-gravity to activate and wall run over the 5 blue symbols on the wall.
• Step 7: Now 3 electrified urns show up around the map. You must kill 5-8 zombies near each urn. Then some blue orbs will get sucked into the urns. When the orbs stop appearing you move on to the next urn.
• Step 8: Charge arrows at the urns (hold down shooting button / R2 on PS4 / RT on XB1). The arrows are now electrified. Shoot the same 3 bonfires again with the electric arrows.
• Step 9: Return to where you picked up the blue arrow in step 4 by the death ray. There’s some blue fog, hold square (PS4) / X (XB1) to interact with it.
• Step 10: Shoot the weather vane with your arrows once again and pick up the blue arrow that falls down.
• Step 11: Pick up the arrow and place it at the pyramid. Now kill 15-20 zombies near the pyramid to collect blue orbs. After a while the upgrade is finished.
• Step 12: Pick up your new and super powerful bow and you’re done!
Here’s the same guide with voice-over assist tips for each step to get the first bow upgrade.
Tip: While all this can be done on Solo, it’s recommended to tackle the steps with a Co-Op partner to make it easier. Since they can hold off the zombies while you aim at the bonfires.
TUTORIAL #8: How To Get The BOW’s Wind Upgrade:
Here’s how to upgrade the Wrath of the Ancients bow a second time, this time with the Skullcrusher AKA Wind Upgrade.
All steps are detailed in this visual guide with handy voice-over tips.
TUTORIAL #9: How To Get The BOW’s Wolf Upgrade:
Here’s how to upgrade the Wrath of the Ancients bow a third time, this time with the Wolf Upgrade.
All steps are detailed in this video guide with the correct voice-over tips.
TUTORIAL #10: How To Get The BOW’s Fire Upgrade:
Then there’s how to upgrade the Wrath of the Ancients bow a fourth and final time, this time with the Fire Upgrade. — As well as how to upgrade the Wrath of the Ancients bow in full, to unlock the “Der Meisterbogenschuetze” Trophy / Achievement.
All steps are shown with great detail in this guide with voice-over tips.
Here’s the missing step to unlock the Fire Bow upgrade, called the Volcanic Rock Step:
EASTER EGG STEP 1: Time Travel & Plunger Weapon:
Finding the start of the main Easter Egg quest.
Step one involves Time Travel and the Plunger weapon! This video shows changing the clock in the courtyard and teleporting back in time.
EASTER EGG STEP 2: Dr. Groph
Cutscene with Dr Groph, part of the main easter egg inside the map. This is for one specific step.
EASTER EGG STEP 3: Dempsey’s Rocket
In this guide you’ll find out about a big new step, Dempsey’s Rocket from the Moon.
EASTER EGG STEP 4: Final Steps
Required for the main easter egg are the Bow’s 4 upgrades and the gravity spikes.
Recommended Mega Gumballs to take with you are Fenix, Aftertaste, Perkaholic, Cashbacks & Instakills.
This video guide shows the final steps to complete this difficult easter egg!
For more Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 tips and guides, come and join our facebook gaming community @ facebook.com/webjunkiesblog.