First of all, let's discuss on why you should install DN5 ROM on your Samsung Galaxy S6 / S6 Edge.
Simple. By installing DN5 ROM on your Galaxy S6 / S6 Edge, you can get all features of Android 6.0 Marshmallow on your device right now. In the succeeding guide we will learn how to flash Ditto Note 5 (DN5) ROM on your Galaxy S6, Galaxy S6 Edge and get all Android 6.0 Marshmallow features right now.
Before reading the guide, please check out some precautions and requirements for this method:
- This ROM is intended for the Galaxy S6 SM-G920 F/I/S/K/L/T/W8 and Galaxy S6 Edge SM-G925 F/I/S/K/L/T/W8. Read your device’s model number carefully in the “About Device” section and proceed only if your device’s model number is listed here.
- Your Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge must be running latest Android Lollipop firmware.
- Download and install TWRP Recovery on your Galaxy S6 or S6 Edge.
- Backup EFS on your Galaxy S6 / S6 Edge
- Make a Nandroid backup of your existing system.
- Backup important messages, contacts and call logs.
- Download the ROM carefully for your device.
- Follow this guide to the letter to avoid any mishaps.
How To Install DN5 ROM on your Galaxy S6 / S6 Edge and get all Android Marshmallow Features
Before you flash this ROM, you need to make sure that you’ve read and applied all the guidelines explained above.
- Download Fix Lockscreen DN5 V5.zip.
- Download Android Marshmallow SmartManager_v3.rar file.
1. Download all the .zip files linked above according to your device and copy the downloaded files to the sd card of your Galaxy S6 or S6 Edge.
2. Make sure that you’ve installed TWRP recovery on your Galaxy S6 / S6 Edge.
3. Now boot into TWRP recovery, to do so, turn off your device and then turn it on by pressing and holding Volume Up+ Home Button + Power Key. Select Wipe >Advanced Wipe > Wipe System,
4. Cache and Dalvik Cache. You can also perform a factory data reset.
5. Once you’re in TWRP recovery, tap Advanced option and perform a factory data rest.
6. Now get back to the main menu in TWRP recovery and tap “Install > Locate the Ditto Note 5 ROM.zip file > Swipe finger to flash > flash the ROM”
7. Now get back to the main menu once again, tap “Install > locate Fix Lockscreen DN5 V5.zip file > Swipe finger to flash > flash the file”.
Similarly flash the SmartManager file.
8. Once you’ve flashed all the files, tap Advanced wipe option and wipe cache + dalvik cache of your Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge.
9. Now tap the Reboot option in TWRP recovery and reboot into system.
10. Your S6 or S6 Edge will take a while to reboot into system. Once it boots up, you will have the Ditto Note 5 ROM installed with Android Marshmallow features on your phone.
For more android tips and guides, come and join our facebook community @ facebook.com/webjunkiesblog.
Credits: Special thanks to Electron Team for this guide.