Okay, here's a simple trick on how to increase your settlement size in Fallout 4 without using any mods.
Note: This trick requires you to enter a console command and yes, it works on PC only.
Increase Settlement Size via Console
- Enter workshop mode.
- Open console with the ~ key, click on the workbench, type:
- getav 348 - Gets the current number of triangles used by player.
- getav 34A - Gets the current number of draw calls used by player.
- setav 349 # - Set the maximum triangle budget for the settlement.
- setav 34B # - Set the maximum draw budget for the settlement.
Video Evidence that it works:
Optimization - Optional
Let's try and minimize the damage to our hardware:
- getav 348 - check CURRENT triangles
- getav 34a - check CURRENT draws
- getav 349 - check MAX triangles
- getav 34b - check MAX draws
Now, the trick is to only change the MAX draws or triangles if the CURRENT ones are almost reaching the limit.
- Only increase MAX triangles when needed.
- It is usually the MAX draws that needs to be increased only.
Do not over do the MAX triangles/draws to avoid any crashes or anything...
- Try increasing the MAX draws by 1000 each time
- Try increasing the MAX triangles by 100,000 each time.
For more Fallout 4 tips, come and join our facebook gaming community @ facebook.com/webjunkiesblog.
Credits: Special thanks to T22 Gaming for sharing this tip.