Here's a quick guide on how to Restore Samsung Galaxy Note 5, S6 Edge Plus To Stock Firmware..
How to Restore Samsung Galaxy Note 5, S6 Edge Plus To Stock Firmware
Required Downloads & Installations
- Download and extract Odin3 v3.10.6.
- Download and extract firmware file (choose carefully your variant) to get the .tar.md5 file.
Restore Samsung Galaxy Note 5, S6 Edge Plus To Stock Firmware
1. Make sure that you read the instructions listed above carefully and you’re all set to go ahead now.
2. Wipe your device complete in order to attain a neat installation. You may boot into the recovery mode and perform a factory data reset.
3. Open Odin3.exe.
4.Put your Galaxy Note 5 or S6 Edge Plus in download mode. To do so, turn it off and wait for 10 seconds. Turn it on by pressing and holding Volume Down + Home Button + Power Key simultaneously, You should see a warning, press Volume Up to continue. In case this method doesn’t work for you, try one from this guide.
5. Connect your device to your PC.
6. As soon as Odin detects your phone, the ID:COM box should turn blue. Make sure that you’ve installed Samsung USB drivers before connecting.
7. For Odin 3.09 or 3.10.6 hit the AP tab. Select the firmware.tar.md5 or firmware.tar, that you downloaded and extracted above.
8. If you’re using Odin 3.07, you will select “PDA” tab instead of the AP tab, rest of the options remain untouched.
9.Make sure that the options selected in your Odin are exactly as shown in the pic.
10. Hit start and wait till the firmware flashing is complete, The flashing process box will turn green upon successful flashing.
11. Once the flashing process has been completed successfully, disconnect your device and reboot it manually. You can reboot your device by long pressing Volume Up + Volume Down + Power Key.
12. Once the device boots up, checkout the new firmware now.
13. Your device will be running on stock Android firmware.
14. Once updated to stock, do not try to downgrade, or else you will result in messing up EFS partition of your device.
For more android how-to guides, come and join our facebook gaming community @ facebook.com/webjunkiesblog.