Here's a simple guide on how to bypass trash in mac os x and immediately delete a file which saves you much time.
Essentially how the “Delete Immediately” feature works is by circumventing the Trash and rather than waiting for user action to remove the files, it just deletes the file(s) instantaneously from the Mac, making the delete immediately function faster than the typical manner of removing a file in OS X.
Delete Immediately in OS X, with a quick access keystroke and from the File menu.
There is no way to undo this action so only use Delete Immediately if you really truly do want to vanquish a file from the Mac.
Delete Files Immediately with a Keyboard Shortcut
The quickest way to access the Delete Immediately function in OS X is through a keyboard shortcut:
1. Select the file(s) or folder(s) you wish to instantly and permanently delete and hit the following keystroke sequence: Option + Command + Delete
2. Confirm with the dialog that you wish to delete the files permanently and immediately
This just circumvents placing the files into the Trash, it deletes the file(s) immediately from the Mac.
Access Delete Immediately from the Finder
You can also access the Delete Immediately option and skip the Trash by using the File menu in the Mac file system:
1. Select the file(s) or folder(s) you wish to instantly and permanently delete then hold the OPTION key as you access the “File” menu from the Finder
2. Choose “Delete Immediately” from the File menu
3. Confirm with the dialog that you wish to delete the files permanently and immediately
Again, this skips the Trash, and the files are instantly deleted. The same as using the keyboard shortcut.
For more mac tips, come and join our facebook community @ facebook.com/webjunkiesblog.