Now that the Note 5 and S6 Edge Plus have already been rooted, you can easily backup its EFS partition. Here's the instructions to backup or restore EFS on our beloved Galaxy Note 5 and S6 Edge Plus.
How to Backup EFS/IMEI partition on Samsung GalaxyNote 5 or S6 Edge Plus
Make sure that you’ve rooted your device.
1. Now download and install Wanam’s Partitions Backup application on your device.
2. Open the application now and grant SuperSu rights.
3. Now click the small tool settings button at the top besides the information button and select the format in which you want to backup the EFS partition. (select .tar and .img formats)
4. Now from the partitions list select EFS and RADIO partition.
5. Now tap the small arrow in the circle at the lower right corner.
6. It will prompt a confirmation message, tap BACKUP here.
7. That’s all. You will have your EFS files in the “Partitions Backup” folder located in your internet storage.
How to Restore EFS/IMEI partition on Samsung Galaxy Note 5 or S6 Edge Plus
1. If you have accidentially corrupted your EFS partition, you can simply restore it using the same application.
2. Make sure that you have already backed up the EFS partition in .img or any other format.
3. Now open the partitions backup application and tap the small options button at the top right corner.
4. Select restore a partition, and then select your radio and efs.img files from the partitions backup folder inside your internal storage.
5. Once you’ve selected the files, follow on-screen instructions to restore your lost IMEI.
Congratulations ! you now have successfully backup EFS partition on your Samsung Galaxy Note/S6 Edge Plus.
For more android guides, come and join our facebook community @ facebook.com/webjunkiesblog.