Here's a quick and easy to follow guide on how to install CyanogenMod 13 Android One Sprout4 Devices.
But before we go to the guide, check out first the requirements in performing this method:
- Make sure your battery is above 60%, just in case something wrong happens while flashing.
- Ensure that your device has a custom recovery like TWRP installed, as we need it to flash the ROM and GApps files.
- Moreover, to attain the Google Play Services, alongside some Google apps, you need the latest GApps file, which you can get by following the steps below:
How to Download GApps for Android 6.0 Marshmallow
1. Download Google GApps for Android 6.0 Marshmallow: gapps-mm-fix.zip
2. Copy the GApps.zip file to your phone’s internal or external storage.
3. Boot into custom recovery on your phone now.
4. Select “Install Zip > Choose Zip from SD card > Locate GApps.zip” and flash it.
5. Once done, reboot your phone.
6. You will have all GApps installed now. That’s all.
Now that you know all the requirements, let's now proceed to the guide on how to install how to install CyanogenMod 13 Android One Sprout4 Devices.
1. Download the CM 13 flashable zip file from above and transfer it to the root of your device’s storage.
2. Boot your device into recovery mode. To do this:
- Switch off your device.
- Now press and hold the Power + Volume Down buttons simultaneously until you see the Recovery UI on your device.
- Once you see the Recovery UI, you can let go of the two buttons.
3. Once you boot into the recovery, you will have a look at many options. First, we have to clean wipe your current system partition to make way for your new ROM.
4. Tap on the option which reads ‘Wipe‘, and then tap on ‘Advanced Wipe‘. From in there, select the following options. Do not select the option which reads ‘Internal Storage‘ at any cost, as it will wipe off EVERYTHING, including your ROM file. Note: If you’re just updating an existing ROM, you can just wipe the cache and dalvik cache. So, you can have your data after the update.
5. Once the wipe has been successfully done, head back to the menu, and this time tap on the option which says ‘Install‘. Why you’re choosing this is pretty self-explanatory.
6. Browse and select the downloaded zip file in your phone. Swipe on the “Swipe to confirm flash” button to start flashing the zip file.
7. Similarly, flash the GApps file package, and you’re good to go!
For more android tips, come and join our facebook gaming community @ facebook.com/webjunkiesblog.