Here's a guide on how to unlock all 50 achievements in Fallout 4 for Xbox One and PC.
1. War Never Changes (10G) — Enter The Wasteland
2. When Freedom Calls (10G) — Complete “When Freedom Calls”
3. Unlikely Valentine (20G) — Complete “Unlikely Valentine”
4. Reunions (20G) — Complete “Reunions”
5. Dangerous Minds (20G) — Complete “Dangerous Minds”
6. Hunter/Hunted (20G) — Complete “Hunter/Hunted”
7. The Molecular Level (20G) — Complete “The Molecular Level”
8. The Nuclear Option (30G) — Complete “The Nuclear Option”
9. Institutionalized (10G) — Complete “Institutionalized”
10. Mankind-Redefined (10G) — Complete “Mankind-Redefined”
11. Powering Up (10G) — Complete “Powering Up”
12. Nuclear Family (30G) — Complete “Nuclear Family”
13. The First Step (10G) — Join the Minutemen
14. Taking Independence (10G) — Complete “Taking Independence”
15. Old Guns (30G) — Complete “Old Guns”
16. Semper Invicta (10G) — Join the Brotherhood of Steel
17. Blind Betrayal (10G) — Complete “Blind Betrayal”
18. Ad Victoriam (30G) — Complete “Ad Victoriam”
19. Tradecraft (10G) — Join the Railroad
Location: Can be done during the “Road to Freedom” Quest in Fallout 4. It is needed to find & join the Railroad Faction and also to progress in the main quest “The Molecular Level”. Joining the Railroad unlocks the Tradecraft achievement.
What makes this particular quest tricky is the lack of waypoints and map markers. The quest can be started in several ways: by overhearing people in Diamond City Market or by progressing in the “The Molecular Level” main quest. The first waypoint at Park Street Station will show up on your map.
Now normally the quest wants you to follow some lanterns and pick up password pieces along the way. But you can skip all that. Just head directly to Old North Church. Go to the basement and enter the password “Railroad” and you’re in. To actually join the Railroad you must complete the follow-up quest “Tradecraft” which then unlocks a achievement with the same name. The quest is given to you by Deacon after your first talk with the Railroad leader.
20. Underground Undercover (10G) — Complete “Underground Undercover”
21. Rockets’ Red Glare (30G) — Complete “Rockets’ Red Glare”
22. Sanctuary (20G) — Complete “Sanctuary”
23. Community Organizer (20G) — Ally with 3 Settlements
24. Benevolent Leader (20G) — Reach Maximum Happiness in a Large Settlement
25. Gun-For-Hire (20G) — Complete 10 Side Quests
26. Mercenary (30G) — Complete 50 Misc. Objectives
27. Scavver (20G) — Gather 1000 Resources Used For Crafting
28. What’s Yours Is Mine (30G) — Pick 50 Locks
29. RobCo’s Worst Nightmare (30G) — Hack 50 Terminals
30. Armed and Dangerous (30G) — Create 50 Weapon Mods
31. Wasteland D.I.Y. (30G) — Craft 100 Items
32. Never Go It Alone (20G) — Recruit 5 Separate Companions
33. Lovable (20G) — Reach Maximum Relationship Level with a Companion
34. Fix-Er-Upper (20G) — Build 100 Workshop Items
35. Future Retro (10G) — Play a Holotape Game
Location: Holotape games can be played at Recreation Terminals. There is one in the very beginning of the game when you enter Vault 111. It’s in the kitchen on the lower floor.
You can either pick it up when you first visit the vault, or return later at any time. As soon as you start the Holotape Game the achievement unlocks. You don’t have to beat the game.
Note: You can also pick up the holotape games from terminals to play them later in your pip boy.
36. …The Harder They Fall (20G) — Kill 5 Giant Creatures
37. Ranger Corps (40G) — Discover 100 Locations
38. Print’s Not Dead (20G) — Read 20 Magazines
39. Prankster’s Return (10G) — Placed A Grenade Or Mine While Pickpocketing
Requirements: Buy the Pickpocket Perk (Rank 2) in the Perception skill tree. Rank 2 of this perk lets you place a live grenade in someones inventory and increases the chance of success by 50%.
You can find or buy grenades. For example, several merchants in Diamond City Market sell fragmentation grenades. You will get to Diamond City in the first few hours of the game as part of a main quest.
Once you have the grenade and perk, enter sneaking mode and approach someone from behind, then select the mine from your weapons to place it on the other person. The mine will explode and the achievement unlocks. Make sure you create a manual save game before doing this. You can reload it to get your skill points back.
40. Masshole (20G) — Kill 300 People
41. Animal Control (20G) — Kill 300 Creatures
42. Homerun! (10G) — Get a Homerun
Location: This can be done in Diamond City Market. You get to this location automatically in the first few hours of the story.
There are 4 baseball markers on the ground. You need to walk over all of them in the correct order to unlock the achievement.
43. Touchdown! (10G) — Get a Touchdown
Location: For this you must get killed by a “Super Mutant Suicider”. They spawn in many parts of the Commonwealth.
Odds are you will this achievement without trying when you progress through the game. They are easy to spot because they have a red, blinking bomb with them. They come running towards you and blow themselves up. There’s one in a train wreck in the south of the map, between Somerville Place and Hyde Park.
Alternatively, you can get the achievement if you shoot a Fat Man with the Mini Nuke ammo at your feet.
44. They’re Not Dolls… (10G) — Collect 10 Vault-Tec Bobbleheads
45. …They’re Action Figures (20G) — Collect 20 Vault-Tec Bobbleheads
Tip: To find all 20 Bobbleheads, check out our “Fallout 4 Bobbleheads Locations Guide“.
46. Born Survivor (5G) — Reach Level 5
47. Commonwealth Citizen (10G) — Reach Level 10
48. Unstoppable Wanderer (25G) — Reach Level 25
49. Legend Of The Wastes (50G) — Reach Level 50
50. Prepared for the Future (50G) — Decide the Fate of the Commonwealth