In this page, you will see all the possible endings in the latest survival-horror game Until Dawn for PS4. Take note that this page will show you ALL ENDINGS IN THE GAME so basically, you'll see a lot of SPOILERS! Be Warned!
Until Dawn Endings
Here are all possible ending scenes to Until Dawn after playing through the survival-horror adventure’s single-player story campaign, that depends on how many of the 8 main characters survive to the very end, and indirectly how many collectibles you picked up, as well if you made them survive past the alternate choices that might lead to killing them (thanks Butterfly Effect!).
Here are the different endings listed in order:
ENDING #1: “Best Ending”
How To Get The Good Ending: To get the best / good game ending in Until Dawn all characters must be alive at the end of the story. There’s a secret scene at the very end during the credits.
• Josh: Find the “The Twins” clues — notably The Twins Clue #5 (Tattoo Card) in episode 2 — so that he will recognize his sister’s tattoo. Without it he’ll always die in the end.
• Jessica: After she gets dragged out of the cabin, Mike must catch up to her as quickly as possible. Always use the riskiest paths and slide down the hill at the end. You won’t hear from Jessica until Episode 9 in the mines. Always hide with her when given the choice, do not try to run away from your attackers.
• Matt: To save Matt you should not attack the deer and avoid helping Emily when she’s hanging off the tower (jump away from her instead).
• Emily: Don’t mess up her QTEs and don’t shoot her in the episode 8 safe room.
• Ashley: When you must choose between her and Josh (saw blades), choose to sacrifice Josh. Later in episode 9 don’t investigate the noise in the mines with her. Stay with the rest of the group.
• Chris: When he gets the gun and is told to either kill himself or shoot Ashley with it, you must choose to shoot yourself (the gun only fires blanks, so you’ll be safe). Don’t even aim at Ashley. Then Ashley will open the door for him when he gets chased by the Wendigo in episode 8. Don’t mess up his QTEs during episode 8.
• Sam: Cannot die until the final set of cutscenes. Just complete all her QTEs at the end of episode 10 without making a mistake.
• Mike: Cannot die until the final set of cutscenes. Just complete all his QTEs at the end of episode 10 without making a mistake. When Sam has to choice to either his the light switch or help Mike (end of episode 10) you must choose to help Mike.
Hint: After you complete the story, Episode Select from the Main Menu allows you to go back and change your decisions. You can also use Episode select to save characters from dying, but will have to replay all episodes from that point on.
Note: If you want to pick up all collectibles, you’ll have to know how to make everyone survive…
– Survival Tip #1: At the end of episode 5, Sam will get chased by the Maniac. It is absolutely crucial that you make her escape (hide in elevator at the end of episode 5). Sam will then be able to reach all of the collectibles in episode 7. If she doesn’t escape in episode 5 you cannot find all episode 7 collectibles and will have to replay the game from episode 5 onwards. – Survival Tip #2: At the end of episode 7, run and hide from the Stranger to be able get the first collectible in episode 8.
ENDING #2: “Worst Ending”
How To Get The Bad Ending: To get the worst / bad game ending in Until Dawn all characters must be dead at the end of the story. During the credits you can see how they died.
Simply fail all QTEs possible and you should get this ending easily. Two of the characters will always survive until the final set of cutscenes in episode 10 (Sam and Mike). To get them killed you must again mess up their QTEs.
ENDING #3: “Normal Ending”
How To Get This Ending: Either don’t get everyone killed or don’t let everyone survive to the end of the game.
Here’s a full playthrough that leads to a fairly bad ending with only 2 survivors.
Masked psychopath killer reveal:
Wendigo monster reveal: