How To Fix Error 80240020 When Installing Windows 10 Free Upgrade:
Step#2: Once you are there you’ll see different folders. Now try to delete all the files and folder in it.
Step#3: Now goto C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download and here delete everything.
Step#4: Once everything is deleted, install the the Windows 10 Free Upgrade.
Step#5: Now all the files are downloaded again, now you can began with the installation process.
How to Install the Windows 10 Free Upgrade (Official ISO file)
- A working internet connection.
- USB or external drive for the download.
- blank USB or DVD with at least 4 GB of space.
- Read the System Requirements.
- If you will be installing the operating system for the first time, you will need your Windows product key (xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx).
If you don’t know your product key then type the following command in CMD.
wmic path softwarelicensingservice get OA3xOriginalProductKey.
Now download the Windows 10 ISO on https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10ISO