Disabling Apple Music on iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch
1. Open the Settings app in iOS and go to “Music”
2. Under the ‘Apple Music’ section, flip the switch for “Show Apple Music” to OFF
3. Exit out of Settings and return to Music app to see the change
With Apple Music disabled in iOS, the “New”, “For You”, “Connect”, and “My Music” tabs will be gone in favor of the prior tabs in Music app, including the simple Playlist tab.
Hiding Apple Music in iTunes on Desktop
1. Open iTunes if you haven’t done so already, and go to the ‘iTunes’ menu to choose “Preferences”
2. Under the “General” tab, look directly under the library name and uncheck the box for “Show Apple Music”
3. Exit out of Preferences in iTunes to see the change take effect immediately throughout iTunes
Disabling Apple Music in iTunes basically makes iTunes behave much like it did before the release of the subscription service.
Do note that if you hide Apple Music in iTunes or iOS you can continue to listen to the Beats1 Radio channel by using the iTunes Radio feature to do so.