Here's a quick guide on how to install Android 5.1.1 Lollipop on a Sony Xperia SP with custom ROM CM 12.1.
But before we proceed to the guide, here's a quick reminder on what you'll get in to by following this guide or, what you need first before proceeding on the installation of Android 5.1.1 Lollipop on your Sony Xperia SP device with a custom ROM.
- This custom ROM is only for Sony Xperia SP C5302 and C5303. Do not try this on any other device. Check your device’s model number in settings > about device.
- Charge your phone up to 50% in order to prevent any power issues during the flashing process.
- Your device’s bootloader must be unlocked.
- Your device must have a custom recovery installed on it. You can install custom recovery. A method to install custom recovery is listed below.
- Once you’ve installed a custom recovery, don’t forget to create a Nandroid backup of your current system. This is highly recommended so that in case something goes wrong with the new custom ROM, you can still revert everything back and get your old system back.
- Backup your important contacts, messages, call logs and all media content as you will have to wipe your phone before flashing latest firmware.
- Follow this guide to the letter to avoid any mishap.
- Disclaimer: This is a custom ROM. Loading custom stuff on your Android device is highly risky. In case something goes wrong while or after flashing this custom ROM, we or the device manufacturers may not be held responsible. Make sure that whatever you’re going to do, you’re doing at your own risk.
How to Install Android 5.1.1 Lollipop on Sony Xperia SP with Custom ROM (CM 12.1)
Root your Xperia SP using towelroot.
2. Once you’re rooted, download philz_touch_6.59.0-huashan.img file and copy it to your phone’s SD card.
3. Now download and install Rashr – Flashtool on your phone.
4. Now open Rashr from the app drawer.
5. Tap “Select Recovery From Storage” option and select the copied philz_touch file.
6. Grant SuperSu right and follow on-screen instructions to flash the recovery.
Here’s how to install the ROM now.
1. Download cm-12.1-20150706-UNOFFICIAL-huashan.zip file.
2. Download GApps.zip (here is the link: http://techbeasts.com/2015/06/16/download-google-gapps-for-android-5-1-x-lollipop-all-roms/) for Android 5.1 Lollipop.
3. Copy both the downloaded .zip files to your phone’s SD card.
4. Now turn off your phone completely. Now turn on your phone, as soon as Sony logo appears, press the volume up key to boot into recovery mode.
5. As you’ve booted in to the recovery mode, tap the “Wipe & Format Option” and perform a factory reset.
6. Go back to the main menu in recovery and tap “Install zip > Choose zip from SD card > locate the cm-12-ROM.zip file that you copied to your SD card.”.
7. Similarly, flash GApps for Android 5.1.1 Lollipop using the “Install Zip” option.
8. Once done, reboot your device.
9. It will now boot up running CyanogenMod 12.1 Android 5.1.1 Lollipop.
Now you are finish in Installing Android 5.1.1 Lollipop on Sony Xperia SP with Custom ROM (CM 12.1). Enjoy guys!