- They will encourage and listen carefully to your – the player’s – feedback and focus development on making WildStar a more fun, less grindy, game.
- They will make these updates with both present and future players in mind, to support a multitude of play styles, durations, group sizes and levels.
- They will invest in, enhance, and grow this game.
With these three themes in mind, here is a quick list of exciting things happening in WildStar in the first half of 2015:
- They will be adding lots of solo and group content to the game, including new Shiphands, Adventures and dungeons.
- They are focusing on revamping our customization systems and adding new ways for players to add personality to their characters.
- They are improving the Elder game experience, offering players lots of opportunities to find new and exciting loot!
All of these changes are a direct result of your feedback and your in-game activity over the last few months. Beyond these items, they plan a variety of additional improvements. For example, many players love the sophistication of WildStar’s housing system -- but some never reach the level where they can try it out. Many players enjoy dungeons -- but some find they have not been appropriately prepared for the intensity of the encounters. We also see examples where players are unable to fully customize their characters because the system can be difficult to understand and options too hard to unlock.
What it boils down to is making sure that all the great content that we are adding, or that is already in the game, is more visible and accessible.
Getting more specific and focusing on their next update, The Protogames Initiative, they are adding many new features, including:
- Protogames Academy – a training dungeon to prepare lower level players for telegraphs, interrupt armor, and boss mechanics.
- Ultimate Protogames – an exciting new dungeon for upper level players.
- They Came from Fragment Zero! – a level 6 shiphand that introduces players to group gameplay at a much earlier level.
- LFG upgrades – currently, some shiphands, adventures, and dungeons are intentionally hidden or need to be unlocked. Unfortunately, this keeps many players out of the content. Moving forward, all of this content will be added to an expanded LFG tool.
- Datascape 20 – the 40-person dungeon wasn’t getting played as often as we hoped. Not only was the content challenging, but roster management was painful. In the next update we will lower the player requirement down to 20.
Looking further ahead into 2015, they will ramp up shorter-session (30-45 minute) gaming content. The intent is to give players something they can do more quickly in game that still delivers a sense of accomplishment (and meaningful loot). Some of the things we plan in this timeframe include:
- A new Contracts system which will provide players with short, fun objectives throughout different kinds of WildStar content, enabling them to obtain rare and exciting rewards.
- Revising overall levelling and Elder games experiences and making adjustments to enhance story immersion, fight combat fatigue, and fine-tune our reward streams.
- As our Raiding guilds begin to face Avatus in the Datascape, we’re working on your next challenge! A brand new 20-player experience.
This isn’t everything, not by a longshot. They've got much more in store for you in the coming months, and the bottom line is that they have very big plans for WildStar in 2015.