Credits: This PVE achievement guide was written by GigaBlast from GreenWood server on Dragon Nest SEA. If someone deserves credits on this guide, it should be him.
This will be a guide on collecting Dungeon/Nest based achievements.
I have completed most dungeon and nest achievements. Progress: 41011/45000 Points
For Dungeon achievements, I lack
- Infinite Pormido Round 75 onwards
- Hero's Battlefield Complete 60 rounds onwards
For Nest achievements, I lack
- DDN Normal "This is an accident" (Desert Dragon to use its breath on ground to destroy eyes of life), 6 Man Clear Nest
- Most DDN Hardcore achievements
- Guardian Nest 15 minutes, Solo Nest
- Mist Nest Solo Nest
- Anu Arendal Ordeal's Nest 4 Man, 5 Man
- All BDN and BDN Hardcore achievements
Although I started early achievement hunting, the addition of achievement points shop certainly helps to reward achievement hunters. In particular, I am sure most of you will be eyeing on the 35,000 achievement points milestone which rewards Black Dragon Nest Legend Scale.
There are many achievements as you can see, up to 1k+. I will classify them into 8 categories, from easiest to hardest.
1) Revive a Party Member!
i. Resurrect a fallen party member! (Level 31 abyss dungeons and Cerberus Nest are most known for this)
This is the easiest achievement. No brainer. Just painful for your red hearts.
None. All are of the same difficulty.
2) Defeat XXX Monsters in One Strike
i. Defeat 5/10/15/20 monsters in One Strike!
This used to be the developers favorite. You can see in the early dungeons (level 16 and 24) that many dungeons have these. Newer dungeons do not have these anymore.
Use your highest damaging skills here. Ultimate skills will mostly get you this achievement (except maybe Divine Avatar)
Hardest Currently (Note that this section is based purely on my opinion. You may concur/disagree)
Typhoon Nest Hell Kill 10 Monsters in one strike is rather hard for people that havent reach level 70. Still relatively easy compared to the achievements below.
3) Visit/Clear XXX Dungeon/Defeat XXX Boss
i. Visit Mana Ridge
ii. Clear Catacombs in Hard/Master/Abyss Difficulty.
iii. Defeat Gigantes Maha
Highly straightforward. Simply visit the dungeon, clear it on hard/master/abyss difficulty and defeat the boss
Although simple, these occupy the bulk of the achievements, yet many people don't even have them. Reason? Grinding. Many people just follow levelling guides (eg. lvl 9-15 sc lvl 16-24 dtmi, etc.) They don't even visit other dungeons or give them a try.
Black Dragon Nest Hardcore is the hardest nest in the game at the moment. Feder Feather Plucker should be the hardest in this category.
4) Time Limit
i. The Famous Overcoming Limits- Clear Green Dragon Nest within 20 minutes
ii. Powerful Blow- Clear Green Dragon Nest Hardcore within 20 minutes.
Okay this will vary with different dungeons. First rule is probably get Good DPS. This might not be required for easy dungeons like Dried Marissa Spring, etc. but for nests it is generally good to get DPS.
Next get speed buffers. These include Force Users (Beyond Time), Acrobats (Spirit Boost), Academics (Wax).
You will have to rely on mechanics of the dungeons at times. Famously known is the KOS (Kill on Sight) technique employed in Green Dragon Nest.
Another strategy is to suicide and resurrect for cooldown of skills. However, nests like Typhoon Nest and Professor K Nest Hell mode requires clear in 8 minutes WITHOUT DEATH. This means the suicide strategy is not applicable here.
Self-illuminating (Clear Black Dragon Nest Hardcore within 30 minutes) is the hardest as of now, as it not only requires 8 minutes to complete, it also requires
i. Achieve success with 50/100/200 combos.
This will be difficult for certain classes and easy for others. I will try to separate for different classes.
1) Warriors- Mercenaries use Cyclone Axe. Sword Masters use Cyclone Slash (level 1).
2) Sorceress- Poison Missile (level 1) should do the trick.
3) Archers- Bow Masters use arrow shower (level 1). Acrobats use their chain combos.
4) Clerics- Paladin use divine avatar and sacred hammering all the way. Priests should find this easy with relics.
5) Academics- Academics should have this easy with many of their summons.
6) Kali- Despair Needle (level 1) should do the trick.
Of course all these might be interrupted by knockback and other skills of mobs. Try to avoid them as much as possible. Paladins have this easy with divine avatar.
I would say the earlier dungeons are actually the hardest ones. The higher level the dungeon, the easier it actually is because the mobs don't die so easily.
6) Last Hit
i. Achieved by defeating 5 local bosses with the final blow and not dying.
This is HARD but not impossible.
Burst Damage Types like Smashers, Gladiators can find their way to final hit easily. Wait for bosses to reach x0.2 and unleash a laser cutter/ final attack for example.
Summon Types like Engineers/Priests can spam their towers/ducks/relics everywhere and hope to kill steal the last hit.
Constant DPS types unfortunately will have to rely on their luck.
You can ask your party to slow down and let you final hit. But this is provided you have a cooperative/friendly team that is willing to wait for you. I always find this embarrassing to ask for, but nevertheless still ask for it ￼
With Level 70 Cap, many people (even those not well geared) are hitting HARD. This will make last hitting a chore. Ever title (last hit 5 bosses in Green Dragon Nest) may seem hard. But this can be done in Stage 1, letting the boss keep respawning. The hardest I have to say, is Sea Dragon Nest normal achievement, One Who Became the Legend(last hit 6 bosses in Sea Dragon Nest). That is TOUGH for public parties.
7) Get a Good Rank!
i. Clear dungeon with S/SS/SSS Rank or Higher.
This is the category where many people are complaining about. I admit this is hard and even biased towards certain classes.
General Strategy and the best way is
1) Make a lot of combos (generally the maximum points for this is capped. Meaning 500 combos is the same as 1000 combos. Just make 500 combos and move on)
2) Clear as fast as possible
3) Clear with as many people as possible
However, certain dungeons have too little mobs/too easy to finish. Here is where a desperate strategy kicks in.
1) Stay in the dungeon for as long as possible (the time bonus is gone at a certain timing. so might as well stay infinitely long)
2) Keep buffing yourself (whatever it is, Battle Howl, Brave, Block, Striking, ANY BUFF will give you a certain point) until you hit 150k dungeon points. Note that this may take 1 hour to 1 day.
Not recommended unless you're an achievement hunter.
These are two of the hardest dungeons to get SSS rank IN MY OPINION.
1) Prayers Resting Place.
Okay this is difficult but not yet impossible considering there are still plentiful mobs inside here.
I employed the General Strategy and got SSS rank. Took 25+ tries though.
Both master and abyss are included here.
2) Catacombs Hall
Now this is the HARD one. So few mobs inside here and you expect a SSS rank? Abyss mode still manageable but master mode is tedious. I desperately employed the desperate strategy.
Sorry No Screenshot of SSS on top but rest assured i got it.
But as hard as these 2 dungeons seem, the HARDEST yet must be apocalypse nest (solo) mode SS Rank (UPDATE: THIS SEEMS TO BE REMOVED)
120k points and still no SS rank. The only achievement I lack. I'm lazy to employ the desperate strategy given this needs maybe up to 150k points. Anyone that is willing to contribute please refer to here http://forum.cherryc...poca-solo-mode/ (not a bug i must say, but still impossibly tedious)
8) Clear Dungeon WITHOUT DEATHS
i. Clear Death Basin alive.
ii. Clear Apocalypse Nest with 2/3/4 people alive.
iii. Clear Sea/Green Dragon Nest Normal/Hardcore with 5/6/7/8 people alive.
This must be the hardest one yet. This tests everything you need all in one.
1) Team Coordination (NO Force Disconnection. That won't work here. Ironically, sometimes 5 people alive achievement is easier to do than 6/7/8 people alive. This ALL depends on team coordination)
2) Geared Members (Laziness to gear yourself will not only lead to your demise but also frustration from your team members if you die, costing them a title)
3) Understanding of dungeon mechanics (Certain dungeons like Gigantes Nest cannon stage requires an understanding. You can't push through with brute strength or the infamous phrase, KOS)
I do not find myself fit enough to give you strategy on this as I still have many achievements missing. Majority of my missing achievements lie in this category. But generally, my strategy is
1) Get healers/tankers
2) Bring potions into nest/dungeons
3) Learn to dodge while contributing damage
4) Learn dungeon mechanics
All these are essential. Feel free to contribute your tips here.
Likely to be Black Dragon Nest Hardcore 5 people alive for various reasons. Those that are geared are likely to complete 8 people for increased drops. Those that aren't need no further explanation.
Content Specific Guides
Lumc SSS Rank Guide:
Class Specific Guides:
Sylpid's Bowmaster Achievement Hunting 101 Guide:
I understand certain other dungeons have other form of achievements. Example: Gigantes Nest/Typhoon Kim Nest/ Professor K nest royal chest. I will leave specific guides by other users to settle these.
Good luck if you want to hunt achievements like us!
Any tips/add ons will be appreciated.
Do note this is a PVE guide. PVP and general achievements are not covered.